Constructive Couples Counseling in Seattle
Relationships need hard work to thrive. Whether you’re navigating a marriage or any other type of committed relationship, there will be storms that you have to weather together to make sure the relationship lasts. Sometimes, these storms can get too overwhelming and a helping hand in the form of couples counseling can be your lifeline.
But storms aren’t always necessary to seek therapy. In fact, some of our clients join our program to maintain healthy, respectful, loving relationships.
The couples counseling we have in Seattle is about building trust and strong and honest lines of communication. These qualities are useful whether your relationship is on the rocks or going strong.
List of Services
Clients come to us seeking help to deal with a range of concerns. Our therapists apply the most empirically informed methods, interventions, and treatments whether they are helping couples, individuals, relationship systems, or in group work. All this is done while understanding that the therapeutic relationship encourages empowerment and change to grow.
Here are our three main services that cover most of our clients’ concerns.
- Sex Therapy – In these sessions, we acknowledge that you are the expert of your own sexuality. We simply encourage sexual agency, explore sexual values, and with you, navigate self-awareness. Our therapists are all holistically oriented and extensively trained. They are also trained to handle trauma and will be more than honored to accompany you as you take on this journey of healing.
- Couples or Relationship Therapy – When relationships experience infidelity, trauma, or just the pressures of everyday life, the connections within are sometimes negatively affected. In these relationship therapy sessions (between two or more individuals), we work together to establish the relationship that you desire. We can also help in cultivating eroticism in the relationship. This involves enhancing desire, connections, pleasure, and play.
- Individual Counseling – Because we are client-centric in our approach as clinicians, each individual therapy session is unique and highly dependent on your specific goals. We may focus on a variety of concerns including existing life stressors, emotion regulation, sexual health concerns, processing trauma, and healing.
Our Unique Approach
One of our priorities as a collective is to support each other’s professional development and individual growth while we navigate the complexities involved in being mental health professionals and providing healing to the world. Every single one of us believes that inclusivity is paramount, diversity should be celebrated, and that our work should always consider the needs of the people we serve.
We share a collective vision of sexual health and holistic wellness. We commit ourselves to helping clients foster positive change from the individual to the systematic level. Our clinicians are holistically oriented and extensively trained. They teach classes at universities, train medical practices, and provide mentorship and supervision for therapists aiming to get their own sex therapy certification. We believe that self-awareness and growth can come from passion, pleasure, and intimacy.
Here are a few of the most common issues we help couples and individuals address:
- Communication skill building
- Conflict and resentment management
- Exploring sexual orientation
- Personal accountability
- Self-acceptance and esteem building
- Sexual health and dysfunction
- Trauma healing and processing
We are a collective of comprehensively trained, client-centered, and value-focused therapists who have a sincere interest in helping people improve connection to themselves, their sexuality, and their relationships with others.