She/Her M.S. LMFTA
What You Can Expect
As your therapist, I hope to provide a space for ALL of you, your joy, pain, fear, courage, and compassion. I began my love of therapy first as a client working through my own lived traumas. I spent a lot of time with therapists who didn’t look or have experiences like me. I found relief, but I never felt the depth I needed to truly heal. This inspired me to become a therapist.
The world we live in now is overwhelming at times, with an overload of information, divisive news outlets, and all of that on top of the daily ins and outs of just living as a human. Identity is more complicated than it has felt before, and it is getting harder for us to connect with one another. I am passionate about working alongside my clients and finding a way to reconnect with themselves and their community. I work with individuals, however, the more people in the room, it is my belief the deeper the work we can do. Bring the whole family or your special someone, whoever is important to you. I use Solution-Focused, Narrative, Bowen Family System, and Trauma-Informed models in my healing work with a focus on Decolonial and Indigenous frameworks.
Through my own healing work and my Master of Science in Couples and Family Therapy at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, FL, I have realized that so many of our struggles originate with the expectations of society, our families, and the stories that we believe about ourselves. Identifying how this shows up for you is an important part of the process as well as deciding what stories you want to believe about yourself. We work together on making the choices you want for the change in your and your family’s lives.
Books I Suggest
- Upcoming November 2022 – BIPOC Brainspotting 3 Day Phase 2 – John R. Edwards, LCSW; Linnea Swanson, LMFT
- Trauma-Sensitive Breathing Techniques – Resonant Relationships
- Trans Sexuality – Resonant Relationships
- Stepping Outside of the Self-care Box: Self-Compassion – Ellen K. Carruth, PhD, LMHC, NCC
- Subclinical eating disorder, disordered eating & body image awareness – Resonant Relationships
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – Resonant Relationships
- An intro to DBT – Resonant Relationships
- BIPOC Brainspotting 3 Day Phase 1 – John R. Edwards, LCSW; Linnea Swanson, LMFT
- Disability 101 – Resonant Relationships
- Autism and Neurodiversity – Resonant Relationships
- Supporting Clients through Alternative Paths to Healing – Resonant Relationships
- Slaying the Dragon PC & The Fairy Tale Model of Trauma Treatment – Trauma Institute & Child Trauma Institute